Saturday, November 13, 2010

In search for decent workboots


I should market myself as a tester for workboots. If I get 6 months out of a pair of boots they have a longer than average life span.
I remember when you would have to replace boot-laces. Now of days, I find myself removing the laces out of the boot before I throw the boots away.


In the past 3 years I have wore-out

2 Caterpillar Indiana models,

1 Wolverine Pit Boss,

1 Wolverine hiking boots (don't know the model name)


I remember being told that if I got a pair of RedWings, they would last for 2 years or more. I was lucky to get 9 months before they were un-wearable.


In my life, I have worn-out

RedWings,

Timberlands,

Doc Martians,

Caterpillar,

Wolverines,

and too many no name brands to recall.


I started with cheap boots, mainly because I could not afford the expensive ones. When I was first able to get a good pair, I thought the quality would justify the price. Sadly I have not found it to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment