Monday, October 25, 2010

Burn hot, burn out


Trying to keep abreast of what is going on in the world, I find myself overwhelmed with bad news. Everyday it is more of the same; crooked dealings, lies, cheating, murder, slander, rape, and then the really nasty stuff.


The Blaze has burned me out.


I have a job that has its own set of concerns.

I am a fixer, I fix what doesn't work.

I am not designed to listen to what is wrong and not fix it, but apparently this is the way it goes in politics; "We all know it doesn't work, but lets not fix it" seems to be the motto of many. Perhaps it is in the interests of job security that they don't just overhaul the thing and get done with it. If it is fixed then your hours are reduced to routine maintenance.


Whatever the reason, I don't care.

Call me when you are ready to actually deal with the problem and get it resolved. I am tired of listening to the moaning about how broken it is.


Man up.

Roll up your sleeves.

Be unpopular.

Do the dirty work.

Get the job done.


We have to do it; so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment