Tuesday, December 28, 2010

if you can read this you must be a nerd

For some reason I am enthralled with electrical engineering, even though I have not had any formal training.

My job places me in the sphere of electrical application and installation, but engineering has become my hobby.

I do benefit from my engineering hobby in that I really understand many intricate components and methods used by suppliers and their products- this allows me to see beyond the packaging.

I picked up the Mims books (Engineer's Mini Notebooks) from Radio Shack.
They will not by any means make you an electrical engineer, but they do have a decent amount of information (and can help lead you in the right direction).

Now I have to decide on a project to embark. The hardest thing for me is that I must see a practical purpose for the project, otherwise I will abandon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment