Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm all tinglingly


For the past few years we have been hobbling along with a old laptop that had seen its better day.
One of the fans went out so amongst the random overheats the laptop sounding like it was experiencing a death-rattle for the last 2 years. We actually missed the entire Vista release (which I hear wasn't much) I also just found out that all my old IDE drives won't work with the SATA motherboard.

But I don't care. I am in computer overload.
Just recently I got working with Ub10

And we just got a newdesktop (dual proc) running windows 7
So, for the span of 10 days, I have been been on full computer overload.

I am happy because win7 actually has user level access control on network file shares (something I could never find in XP (don't know if Vista had it)). And, I actually have UB10 and Win7 playing nice on the network (where my Win7 account authentication is valid for the share).

So, I know why I have been staying up later than normal.

Computers are actually fun again (if even for a little bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment