Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ub10 login keyring ?!?




I decided to change my login password to something with a higher strength.
Once I did this I started getting a message about my login keyring no longer matches my login password.

WTF! I looked all over the place for the "keyring"
Nope, nothing.

Found the following article that got me in the ballpark.

For Ub10.10 if you get this message, here is what seemed to work.
Go to: System> Preferences> Password and Encryption Keys
It won't say anything about keyring, but...

Under the Password tab (far right) there will be a entry called "Passwords:login" Right Click on the entry and at the bottom of the pop-up menu, select "Change Password"

Then hopefully you remember the old password.
But after you update this, you will no longer have the login keyring nag screens when you start to use the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment