Thursday, December 2, 2010

Linux -Restoring my faith in humanity


I got a version of Ubuntu a couple years ago, in hopes of getting my wife interested in Linux based operating systems. She is not much of a computer geek and just wants to be able to play Farmville and other FB games, while occasionally printing some things off the internet.

I recently downloaded Ubuntu 10.10 and absolutely love it. I remember installing Slackware and Redhat 4 just to find that I couldn't get the monitor to run X. SCO, Solaris, Debian, etc if it had a X (even OSX for Mac) I tired to run it. I even once bought an old SunSparc unit.

Ubuntu 10 is an outright out of the BOX OS which can rival MS and Mac.

Yes it is true that I just bought new DELL with Windows 7 (64bit) and look forward to using in it. But I love the fact that I can browse the net on my Toughbook and fear very-very-very few virus threats. I might actually use MySpace again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment